CHARLES AND MYRTLE FILLMORE SCHOLARSHIP – 2020 APPLICATION
The Unity Urban Ministerial School (UUMS) is proud to announce that the UUMS Charles and Myrtle Fillmore Scholarship is now open for applications.
The UUMS Charles and Myrtle Fillmore Scholarship was established in 2010, when Revs. Dr. Glenn and Martha Moseley donated the seed money to Rev. Dr. Ruth M. Mosley, founder of the Unity Urban Ministerial School, to provide financial assistance to UUMS students.
1. Successful completion of all first-year requirements. See UUMS Student Handbook.
2. Must have at least a “B” grade point average at time of application.
II. APPLICATION PROCESS:
Applicants must submit the following by April 30, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Letter of Application: A letter containing the applicant’s biography and ministerial career goals.
2. Three (3) letters of recommendation from individuals with knowledge of the applicant’s character, experience, or community involvement. These may include ministers, teachers, business associates, friends of the applicant.
3. Essay: 350 to 500 words on one of two topics (see Essay Parameters below).
III. ESSAY PARAMETERS:
The Fillmore’s have taught us that events we have attracted into life are the blessings that we’ve thought or prayed into being. God intends every event in life for our good. Our awareness that God’s love is the source of all circumstances requires a measure of spiritual discernment.
Write a 350-500 word essay using the MLA style on one of the following topics:
A. ”The Call” to Ministry.
2 Timothy I:8-9 “… according to the power of God; who hath saved us, and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began.”
Address these concepts: Where and how did I receive the call? What inside me heard the call? How long did it take me to answer the call? Do I think I can do this by myself? What scriptures will I lean on to help me stay committed to the call?
B. My Spiritual Discovery
“Ask, and it will be given you; search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened for you. For everyone who asks receives, and everyone who searches finds, and for everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.” Matthew 7: 7-8
Address these concepts: What in your life drew you to search for your relationship with Spirit? Describe how you asked, searched, and knocked. Describe what happened in you as a result – what you received, found, and discovered.
IV. Important information regarding the application:
1. Completed applications must be received by April 30, 2020.
2. Confirmation of receipt of the application will be sent to the applicant within three business days.
3. Entries will be reviewed and first, second and third place winners selected by the Scholarship Committee.
4. Winners will be notified by May 30, 2020.
5. Amounts will be based on available funds.
6. All funds will be applied to tuition only for the 2020-2021 academic year.
For more information, please contact:
Rev. Carolyne Jeane Rhodes: uumsGodandir1@gmail.com 313 333-7317